CalPlanning: UC Berkeley's financial planning and analysis tool
August 18, 2014
FY14 JUNE ACTUALS AND HCPRPTG UPDATES NOW AVAILABLE!
The following data is now available in CalPlanning:
- FY14 June Actuals
- FY11 and FY12 Actuals in HCPRptg
- HCP pooled position Actuals available by position type in HCPRptg through use of Smartview.
(Note: We plan to add reports to HCPRptg with this functionality in the near future.)
For more information, go to the August Release Notes webpage.
August 1, 2014
The FY15 Forecast is now available!
During the system outage, we took a snapshot of the FY14 Forecast Final and copied the FY15 Operating Budget to the FY15 Forecast:
- FY14 Forecast Final: available for reporting
- FY15 Forecast Initial: available for reporting
- FY15 Forecast Working: available for editing and reporting
For more details, including Actuals Load and this Fall’s Human Capital Management (HCM) data load into Human Capital Planning (HCP), refer to the FY15 Forecast Release Notes.
June 4, 2014
Don't miss the June 11th Bridging the Gap session titled, "CalPlanning: The Road to Informed Financial Decision Making"!
May 19, 2014
- Actual Compensation Detailed Data is now available in HCPRptg!
- There is a new CalPlanning Fund hierarchy, which enables you to report on Current Funds excluding Contracts and Grants.
- April 2014 Actuals have been loaded and are now available in CalPlanning.
- Read the May 2014 release notes.
May 5, 2014
Watch UC Berkeley Planning Administrator Mehmet Sevinc speak about Oracle Hyperion Public Sector Planning and Budgeting at Collaborate 2014, in Las Vegas.
April 22, 2014
- Read about the new Citrix Technology, which provides a way to log into CalPlanning and BAIRS using any computer and any browser.
- Remember to check out the CalPlanning Remote Print Job Aid in the References section.
March 26, 2014
Access the new version of the Chart of Account Guidelines.
CalPlanning Requirements and Support
The CalPlanning Help Desk supports the following systems, only. Further information on system requirements for CalPlanning can be found on the CalPlanning Knowledge Base.
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0+ or higher
- Internet Explorer 9.x
First Time Users
For instructions on how to login to CalPlanning for the first time, how to install Citrix and information on browser requirements, please visit the "Getting Started" page.
Daily System Alerts and Updates
CalPlanning is currently available.
Outages and Updates
September: CalPlanning will be unavailable from 9/1 to 9/3 to load Actual Beginning Balances and General Allocations to the FY15 Operating Budget and the FY15 Forecast.
- Available (with technical support): Weekdays 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
- Available (but without technical support): Weekdays 7am-8am and 5pm-4am, and weekends.
- Unavailable: 4am-7am daily.
Help Desk is available: Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
Please note: the CalPlanning website is updated during business hours, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Outside that time, the most accurate system information will be communicated as necessary via email.
Daily Data Push Times
- Do not run CalPlanning Reporting the for first 10 minutes after 10:00am, 12:00pm, 5:00pm and 10:00pm. For example, do not run from 10:00am - 10:10am.
Reports will not contain compensation data due to data refreshing.
- Do not run CalPlan AggEntity Business Rule for first 10 minutes after 10:00am, 12:00pm, 5:00pm and 10:00pm. For example, do not run from 10:00am - 10:10am.
If you forget, an error message will remind you.
- Do not run multiple CalPlanning reports with varying POVs, simultaneously.
It can return incorrect results. The team is working with Oracle to resolve this issue. (3/28/13)