CalPlanning: UC Berkeley's financial planning and analysis tool
April 17, 2014
- CalPlanning is available with February and March Actuals loaded.
- Don't forget to check out the new Job Aid that walks you through printing a CalPlanning report via remote access. It's posted in the References section, under General CalPlanning References.
April 14, 2014
CalPlanning will be unavailable on April 17th from 7am - 2pm. It will be back up after 2pm the same day with February and March Actuals loaded.
March 24, 2014
- The FY14 Forecast and FY15 “Planner Submission” Versions are now available (3/24).
- The FY15 Operating Budget "Working" is no longer editable and the FY14 Forecast "Working" remains open for edits.
- February and March Actuals will be loaded on April 16th.
- Read more about the March 2014 release notes.
March 21, 2014
- The issue with HCP DeptID adjustments has been resolved and data entry and reporting on DeptID adjustments can continue. Unfortunately, we needed to restore DeptID adjustment data from the back up taken at 5am today, so any DeptID adjustments entered after 5am this morning will need to be reviewed and most likely re-entered.
- Due to this very unfortunate situation, we are slightly extending the FY15 Operating Budget Deadline to 10pm tonight.
March 20, 2014
- New SRECNA Report allows selection of multiple Entities.
- The loading of February Actuals to CalPlanning is postponed until April 16th.
- Access full information in the release notes.
March 19, 2014
The FY15 Operating Budget is due this Friday, March 21 (3/21) at 7:00pm. Access the full email communication.
March 17, 2014
There will be a system outage tonight from 10pm - 11pm. During that time, CalPlanning will be unavailable.
March 13, 2014
- CalPlan and HCP unavailable tonight from 10pm - 11pm.
- There are two more office hour dates (March 19th and 20th) before the Op Budget Deadline on March 21. Access the office hours list here.
March 7, 2014
- Data pushes will now take place during the first 10 minutes of every hour (from 8am to 10pm).
- During this time, you will not be able to run the "CalPlan AggEntity " business rule in CalPlanning (the tool will remind you if you forget!) and your reports will not contain compensation data.
- Available (with technical support): Weekdays 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
- Available (but without technical support): Weekdays 7am-8am and 5pm-4am, and weekends.
- Unavailable: 4am-7am daily.
Help Desk is available: Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
Daily System Alerts
CalPlanning is currently available.
Please note that the CalPlanning website is updated during business hours, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Outside that time, the most accurate system information will be communicated as necessary via email.
CalPlanning Office Hours
Daily Data Push Times
- Do not run CalPlanning Reporting the for first 10 minutes after 10:00am, 12:00pm, 5:00pm and 10:00pm. For example, do not run from 10:00am - 10:10am.
Reports will not contain compensation data due to data refreshing.
- Do not run CalPlan AggEntity Business Rule for first 10 minutes after 10:00am, 12:00pm, 5:00pm and 10:00pm. For example, do not run from 10:00am - 10:10am.
If you forget, an error message will remind you.
- Do not run multiple CalPlanning reports with varying POVs, simultaneously.
It can return incorrect results. The team is working with Oracle to resolve this issue. (3/28/13)
CalPlanning Requirements and Support
The CalPlanning Help Desk supports the following systems, only. Further information on system requirements for CalPlanning can be found on the CalPlanning Knowledge Base.
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0+ or higher
- Internet Explorer 9.x