CalPlanning: UC Berkeley's financial planning and analysis tool
March 7, 2014
Data pushes will now take place during the first 10 minutes of every hour (from 8am to 10pm).
During this time, you will not be able to run the "CalPlan AggEntity " business rule in CalPlanning (the tool will remind you if you forget!) and your reports will not contain compensation data.
February 26, 2014
Read the new Job Aid on Forecast and Budget Versions
February 20, 2014
CalPlanning training is currently available. View the list of classes on the Training page.
February 20, 2014
FY15 Operating Budget and FY14 Forecast Snapshot Now Available! Read the full release notes.
February 13, 2014
View the "Intersection Form" Job Aid.
January 28, 2014
View the list of upcoming CalPlanning office hours.
January 15, 2014
CalPlanning applications will be down for maintenance tonight at 8 PM. The system will be back up at 7 AM tomorrow.
January 9, 2014
The 2014-15 Budget Process Call Letter, Guidelines, and Narrative forms are now available!
- Available (with technical support): Weekdays 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
- Available (but without technical support): Weekdays 7am-8am and 5pm-4am, and weekends.
- Unavailable: 4am-7am daily.
Help Desk is available: Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
Daily System Alerts
CalPlanning is currently available.
Avoid Data Errors
- Do not run CalPlanning Reporting the for first 10 minutes at the top of every hour. For example, do not run from 8am - 8:10am.
Reports will not contain compensation data due to data refreshing.
- Do not run CalPlan AggEntity Business Rule for first 10 minutes at the top of every hour. For example, do not run from 8am - 8:10am.
If you forget, an error message will remind you.
- Do not run multiple CalPlanning reports with varying POVs, simultaneously.
It can return incorrect results. The team is working with Oracle to resolve this issue. (3/28/13)
CalPlanning Requirements and Support
The CalPlanning Help Desk supports the following systems, only. Further information on system requirements for CalPlanning can be found on the CalPlanning Knowledge Base.
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0+ or higher
- Internet Explorer 9.x