CalPlanning: UC Berkeley's financial planning and analysis tool
June 4, 2014
Space is limited. To register:
- Go Blu (http://blu.berkeley.edu)
- Click on UC Learning Center
- Enter BEAUD002 in the search field
- Select the "CalPlanning" session and click "Register"
May 19, 2014
- Actual Compensation Detailed Data is now available in HCPRptg!
- There is a new CalPlanning Fund hierarchy, which enables you to report on Current Funds excluding Contracts and Grants.
- April 2014 Actuals have been loaded and are now available in CalPlanning.
- Read more about the May 2014 release notes.
May 5, 2014
Watch Mehmet Sevinc, Planning Administrator for the University of California Berkeley, speak about Oracle Hyperion Public Sector Planning and Budgeting at Collaborate 2014, in Las Vegas.
View the video and read more here.
April 22, 2014
- New Citrix Technology provides a way to log into CalPlanning and BAIRS using any computer and any browser. Read more about it here.
- Don't forget to check out the remote print Job Aid in the References section.
April 17, 2014
CalPlanning is available with February and March Actuals loaded.
April 14, 2014
CalPlanning will be unavailable on April 17th from 7am - 2pm. It will be back up after 2pm the same day with February and March Actuals loaded.
CalPlanning Requirements and Support
The CalPlanning Help Desk supports the following systems, only. Further information on system requirements for CalPlanning can be found on the CalPlanning Knowledge Base.
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0+ or higher
- Internet Explorer 9.x
First Time Users
For instructions on how to login to CalPlanning for the first time, how to install Citrix and information on browser requirements, please visit the "Getting Started" page.
Daily System Alerts and Updates
CalPlanning is currently available.
Outages and Updates
July: Information coming soon.
- Available (with technical support): Weekdays 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
- Available (but without technical support): Weekdays 7am-8am and 5pm-4am, and weekends.
- Unavailable: 4am-7am daily.
Help Desk is available: Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
Please note: the CalPlanning website is updated during business hours, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Outside that time, the most accurate system information will be communicated as necessary via email.
Daily Data Push Times
- Do not run CalPlanning Reporting the for first 10 minutes after 10:00am, 12:00pm, 5:00pm and 10:00pm. For example, do not run from 10:00am - 10:10am.
Reports will not contain compensation data due to data refreshing.
- Do not run CalPlan AggEntity Business Rule for first 10 minutes after 10:00am, 12:00pm, 5:00pm and 10:00pm. For example, do not run from 10:00am - 10:10am.
If you forget, an error message will remind you.
- Do not run multiple CalPlanning reports with varying POVs, simultaneously.
It can return incorrect results. The team is working with Oracle to resolve this issue. (3/28/13)