CalPlanning: UC Berkeley's financial planning and analysis tool
4/16: CalPlanning is now available with March 2015 Actuals
4/8: CalPlanning now available with FY16 Planner Submission and more
CalPlanning is now available with the FY15 Forecast and FY16 Operating Budget Planner Submission versions available for reporting. The FY15 Operating Budget is no longer available for edits.
Read more in the April 2015 Release Notes.
FY16 Operating Budget Submission Deadline Extended to April 6
Dear CalPlanning Community,
This month, you may have experienced intermittent CalPlanning access and performance issues. These issues manifested as loss of system access, interrupted access to data, slow performance, and Citrix delays.
3/17: CalPlanning now available with FY15 February Actuals and more
CalPlanning is now available with the following updates:
- FY15 February Actuals in CalPlan and CalRptg*
- Student Fee Fund hierarchy changes
3/12: FY16 Operating Budget now open for edit and more!
The FY16 Operating Budget is now open for edit, and the FY15 Forecast Planner Submission and FY15 Operating Budget Final snapshots are available for reporting.
4/3/15 - Note: In response to user feedback and to provide more clarity, we have added additional specifications to the CSS 2% Rule contained in the March 2015 Release Notes.
3/9: Action: HCP impact from 3/5 outage
As communicated on 3/7, a relatively small number of HCP DeptID adjustments and Pooled Positions were not recovered after then unplanned CalPlanning outage of Thursday 3/5. The CalPlanning team worked to re-enter data on 3/7 and 3/8 to minimize user effort.
If you haven't yet, please review the spreadsheets in the link below to see if your data was impacted.
2/18: Daily CalRptg Actuals Loads Job Aid
2/6: Enhanced report makes data entry for HCP Pooled Positions easier
We are pleased to announce there is an enhanced version of the BAIRS report: Payroll Data by CalPlanning Pooled Position Type, to help you complete HCP data entry for Pooled Positions.
To view more detailed information about the enhancements to this report, please follow the link to the "BAIRS Report for HCP Pooled Positions" job aid on the CalPlanning website.
To access the report,
1. Using your CalNet ID and passphrase, login to BAIRS
2. Expand the folder structure to /HR Reports/Workforce Detail/Position Data/
3. Open "Payroll data by CalPlanning Pooled Position Type.bqy
Daily System Alerts and Updates
- CalPlanning is currently available with the following update:
- March 2015 Actuals load
FYI - CALNET Access ISSUE
- A CalNet outage issue caused some users to have CalPlanning access problems. If you were impacted, you can click this link to re-Synchronize Your CalNet Passphrase and regain access.
- Citrix.berkeley.edu will be undergoing maintenance Sunday 4/26/2015 from 9am to 12pm. During this time all Citrix applications, including CalPlanning will be unavailable.
Daily Data Push Times
- Do not run CalPlanning Reporting for the first 15 minutes every 3 hours from 9am to 10pm. For example, do not run from 9:00am - 9:15am.
Reports will not contain compensation data due to data refreshing.
- Do not run CalPlan AggEntity Business Rule for first 15 minutes every 3 hours from 9am to 10pm. For example, do not run from 9:00am - 9:15am.
If you forget, an error message will remind you.
- Do not run multiple CalPlanning reports with varying POVs, simultaneously.
It can return incorrect results. The team is working with Oracle to resolve this issue.
Log Into CalPlanning
First Time Users
For instructions on how to login to CalPlanning for the first time, how to install Citrix and information on browser requirements, please visit the "Getting Started" page.
Getting Started in CalPlanning
CalPlanning System Availability
CalPlanning is generally...
- Available (with technical support): Weekdays 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
- Available (but without technical support): Weekdays 7am-8am and 5pm-4am, and weekends.
- Unavailable: 4am-7am daily.
Help Desk is available: Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
Please note: The CalPlanning website is updated during business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Outside that time, the most accurate system information will be communicated as necessary via email.
CalPlanning Requirements and Support
The CalPlanning Help Desk supports the following systems, only. Further information on system requirements for CalPlanning can be found on the CalPlanning Knowledge Base.
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0+ or higher
- Internet Explorer 9.x