CalPlanning: UC Berkeley's financial planning and analysis tool
2/26: Deadline Reminder
The FY15 Forecast Planner Submission is due Friday, March 6.
2/18: Daily CalRptg Actuals Loads Job Aid
2/18: CalPlanning is now available with Closed January Actuals and more
CalPlanning is now available with the following updates:
- Closed January 2015 Actuals in CalPlan and CalRptg
- Beginning Balance changes to select C&G fund ranges
2/12: Intersection Forms and Transfers Form Job Aids Now Available
There are new job aids now available which will walk CalPlanning users through the enhancements announced in the 2/2 release.
2/6: Enhanced report makes data entry for HCP Pooled Positions easier
We are pleased to announce there is an enhanced version of the BAIRS report: Payroll Data by CalPlanning Pooled Position Type, to help you complete HCP data entry for Pooled Positions.
To view more detailed information about the enhancements to this report, please follow the link to the "BAIRS Report for HCP Pooled Positions" job aid on the CalPlanning website.
To access the report,
1. Using your CalNet ID and passphrase, login to BAIRS
2. Expand the folder structure to /HR Reports/Workforce Detail/Position Data/
3. Open "Payroll data by CalPlanning Pooled Position Type.bqy
2/2: Refreshed HCP data, daily Actuals in CalRptg, and more
As of February 2, 2015, the CalPlanning FY15 Forecast is available with refreshed Employee and Position data from HCM, daily Actuals in CalRptg, and other improvements, including:
1/27: Office Hours, Planner Review Q&A Sessions, and Smart View Classes Available
As the FY 2015-16 Budget Process launches, the Campus Budget Office is offering continued support to ensure you're prepared to use all the tools available as you develop budget submissions. On February 2, CalPlanning will be available again with refreshed HCP data and a new suite of training sessions will become available, including Office Hours, Planner Review Q&A Sessions, and Smart View classes.
1/27: CalPlanning Office Hours Now Available
Please note: These office hours are for trained users only.
CalPlanning Training Videos available!
CalPlanning offers instructional videos for new and experienced CalPlanning users. They provide quick, on-demand tutorials and refreshers on how to use CalPlanning.
The videos work together with existing CalPlanning class materials, including PowerPoint lessons and exercise guides.
You can explore these new videos on the training webpage
Daily System Alerts and Updates
CalPlanning is unavailable until at least 11am today, March 5.
We realize this is a busy time and are working to resolve the issue ASAP. We will keep CalPlanning users informed of progress by email.
- Friday, March 6 at 7pm to Tuesday, March 10
System blackout due to FY15 Forecast snapshot into FY16 Operating Budget.
Log Into CalPlanning
First Time Users
For instructions on how to login to CalPlanning for the first time, how to install Citrix and information on browser requirements, please visit the "Getting Started" page.
Getting Started in CalPlanning
Daily Data Push Times
- Do not run CalPlanning Reporting for the first 15 minutes every 2 hours from 8am to 10pm. For example, do not run from 10:00am - 10:15am.
Reports will not contain compensation data due to data refreshing.
- Do not run CalPlan AggEntity Business Rule for first 15 minutes every 2 hours from 8am to 10pm. For example, do not run from 10:00am - 10:15am.
If you forget, an error message will remind you.
- Do not run multiple CalPlanning reports with varying POVs, simultaneously.
It can return incorrect results. The team is working with Oracle to resolve this issue.
CalPlanning System Availability
CalPlanning is generally...
- Available (with technical support): Weekdays 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
- Available (but without technical support): Weekdays 7am-8am and 5pm-4am, and weekends.
- Unavailable: 4am-7am daily.
Help Desk is available: Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
Please note: the CalPlanning website is updated during business hours, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Outside that time, the most accurate system information will be communicated as necessary via email.
CalPlanning Requirements and Support
The CalPlanning Help Desk supports the following systems, only. Further information on system requirements for CalPlanning can be found on the CalPlanning Knowledge Base.
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0+ or higher
- Internet Explorer 9.x