CalPlanning: UC Berkeley's financial planning and analysis tool
Upcoming FY2015-16 Training for Experienced CalPlanning Users
The FY2015-16 Campus Budget Process training kicks off this month. This year, rather than multiple classroom sessions, experienced CalPlanning users will have access to self-directed learning, primarily through instructional videos.
New CalPlanning Users: Sign Up Now for FY2015-16 Training
The FY2015-16 Campus Budget Process training kicks off this month. Please check out the class options and register on the UC Learning Center for the classes appropriate to your new CalPlanning user role of 'Planner' or 'Reporting only'.
FY 2015-16 Budget Process Update
The CalPlanning Team and Campus Budget Office have some important information to share about the timing of the FY 16 Budget Process, which affects CalPlanning HCP data snapshot updates, training and CalPlanning enhancements.
New CalPlanning Training Videos available!
CalPlanning launched a series of new instructional videos for new and experienced CalPlanning users. They provide quick, on-demand tutorials and refreshers on how to use CalPlanning.
The videos work together with existing CalPlanning class materials, including PowerPoint lessons and exercise guides.
CalPlanning Requirements and Support
The CalPlanning Help Desk supports the following systems, only. Further information on system requirements for CalPlanning can be found on the CalPlanning Knowledge Base.
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0+ or higher
- Internet Explorer 9.x
Daily System Alerts and Updates
CalPlanning is now available with October and November Actuals
Next outage to be scheduled.
Log Into CalPlanning
First Time Users
For instructions on how to login to CalPlanning for the first time, how to install Citrix and information on browser requirements, please visit the "Getting Started" page.
AVAILABLE NOW IN CALPLANNING
The following is now available in CalPlanning:
- FY15 October Actuals
- FY15 November Actuals
Getting Started in CalPlanning
Daily Data Push Times
- Do not run CalPlanning Reporting the for first 30 minutes after 10:00am, 12:00pm, 5:00pm and 10:00pm. For example, do not run from 10:00am - 10:30am.
Reports will not contain compensation data due to data refreshing.
- Do not run CalPlan AggEntity Business Rule for first 30 minutes after 10:00am, 12:00pm, 5:00pm and 10:00pm. For example, do not run from 10:00am - 10:30am.
If you forget, an error message will remind you.
- Do not run multiple CalPlanning reports with varying POVs, simultaneously.
It can return incorrect results. The team is working with Oracle to resolve this issue. (3/28/13)
CalPlanning is generally...
- Available (with technical support): Weekdays 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
- Available (but without technical support): Weekdays 7am-8am and 5pm-4am, and weekends.
- Unavailable: 4am-7am daily.
Help Desk is available: Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
Please note: the CalPlanning website is updated during business hours, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Outside that time, the most accurate system information will be communicated as necessary via email.