11.24.15 Update: October 2015 Actuals are now also available in HCPRptg.
10/16: Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) Browser Update
There’s been a change to the supported browser for CalPlanning, Internet Explorer.
10/5: Smart View Connection Reporting and Analysis Framework Compatability Issue
The Smart View connection Reporting and Analysis Framework is not compatible with our recently upgraded version of Cal Planning.
9/23: CalPlan FY16 Actuals and Beginning Balances Now Available
- FY16 Actual Final and Forecast Working updated with Beginning Balances from Actuals
- FY16 July and August Actuals
- FY16 Composite Benefits and Fee Remission rates have been updated (slightly) with newly approved rates in the FY16 Forecast. For more information, please see: http://scr.berkeley.edu/costingpolicies
- FY15 June Actuals have been loaded to CalPlan
6/17: CalPlanning is now available with May 2015 Actuals
CalPlanning is now available with the following update:
- May 2015 Actuals load
FY15 Beginning Balances were recently corrected in BFS for a relatively small number of Contract & Grant funds. The BFS changed data is now reflected in CalRptg Beginning Balances, including FY15 Actuals, FY15 Forecast and FY16 Operating Budget, but these changes are not yet reflected in CalPlan. We are reviewing the changes and will communicate next steps on these funds over the next few days.
5/28: Smart View Online Guide Now Available!
An online, searchable Smart View user guide to help you create Ad Hoc queries and report templates with Smart View.
4/8: CalPlanning now available with FY16 Planner Submission and more
CalPlanning is now available with the FY15 Forecast and FY16 Operating Budget Planner Submission versions available for reporting. The FY15 Operating Budget is no longer available for edits.
Read more in the April 2015 Release Notes.
3/12: FY16 Operating Budget now open for edit and more!
The FY16 Operating Budget is now open for edit, and the FY15 Forecast Planner Submission and FY15 Operating Budget Final snapshots are available for reporting.
4/3/15 - Note: In response to user feedback and to provide more clarity, we have added additional specifications to the CSS 2% Rule contained in the March 2015 Release Notes.
2/18: Daily CalRptg Actuals Loads Job Aid
2/6: Enhanced report makes data entry for HCP Pooled Positions easier
We are pleased to announce there is an enhanced version of the BAIRS report: Payroll Data by CalPlanning Pooled Position Type, to help you complete HCP data entry for Pooled Positions.
To view more detailed information about the enhancements to this report, please follow the link to the "BAIRS Report for HCP Pooled Positions" job aid on the CalPlanning website.
To access the report,
1. Using your CalNet ID and passphrase, login to BAIRS
2. Expand the folder structure to /HR Reports/Workforce Detail/Position Data/
3. Open "Payroll data by CalPlanning Pooled Position Type.bqy
Log Into CalPlanning
CalPlanning is currently available.
First Time Users
For instructions on how to login to CalPlanning for the first time, how to install Citrix and information on browser requirements, please visit the "Getting Started" page.
Scheduled Outages and Updates
- The next scheduled outage will be on December, 16th from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm to load November Actuals.
FYI - CALNET Access ISSUE:
A CalNet outage issue caused some users to have CalPlanning access problems. If you were impacted, you can click this link to re-Synchronize Your CalNet Passphrase and regain access.
Daily Data Push Times
- Do not run CalPlanning Reporting for the first 15 minutes every 3 hours from 9am to 10pm. For example, do not run from 9:00am - 9:15am.
Reports will not contain compensation data due to data refreshing.
- Do not run CalPlan AggEntity Business Rule for first 15 minutes every 3 hours from 9am to 10pm. For example, do not run from 9:00am - 9:15am.
If you forget, an error message will remind you.
- Do not run multiple CalPlanning reports with varying POVs, simultaneously.
It can return incorrect results. The team is working with Oracle to resolve this issue.
Getting Started in CalPlanning
CalPlanning System Availability
CalPlanning is generally...
- Available (with technical support): Weekdays 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
- Available (but without technical support): Weekdays 7am-8am and 5pm-4am, and weekends.
- Unavailable: 4am-7am daily.
Help Desk is available: Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
Please note: The CalPlanning website is updated during business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Outside that time, the most accurate system information will be communicated as necessary via email.
CalPlanning Requirements and Support
- Internet Explorer 10.x and Internet Explorer 11 with Enterprise Mode
- Windows 7 & 8.1
- Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0+ or higher
CalPlanning User Access Form
Access to the CalPlanning tools requires both:
- Divisional Finance Leader Approval
- Participation in CalPlanning Training: Either previously completed training required for user access level being requested or a verbal agreement in place with Unit to provide coaching and training as needed.