9/23: CalPlan FY16 Actuals and Beginning Balances Now Available
- FY16 Actual Final and Forecast Working updated with Beginning Balances from Actuals
- FY16 July and August Actuals
- FY16 Composite Benefits and Fee Remission rates have been updated (slightly) with newly approved rates in the FY16 Forecast. For more information, please see: http://scr.berkeley.edu/costingpolicies
For more information on this release, please visit our September 2015 Release Notes page.
If you have questions, please contact our Help Desk at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8/17: CalPlanning Is Now Available with FY15 June Actuals
- FY15 June Actuals have been loaded to CalPlan
8/13: FY16 Forecast is Now Available
- Loaded a snapshot of the FY15 Forecast Working to Final
- FY15 Forecast Final: available for reporting
- Copied the FY16 Operating Budget to the FY16 Forecast
- FY16 Forecast Initial: available for reporting
- FY16 Forecast Working: available for editing and reporting
- Copied the FY16 Operating Budget Working to Final
- FY16 Operating Budget Final: available for reporting
- Extensive system maintenance, including (behind the scenes only) software and hardware upgrades.
7/30: CalPlanning will be unavailable from August 2 through August 12 (Preparing FY16 Forecast)
Dear CalPlanning Community:
CalPlanning will be unavailable from 7 PM on August 2 until 8 PM on August 12.
When CalPlanning is back up on August 12, the following changes will be in place:
- FY15 Forecast Final and FY16 Operating Budget Final snapshots available - created from Working versions
- FY16 Forecast Initial and Working versions available - created from a copy of the FY16 Operating Budget Working
- System maintenance complete
We will provide additional details when the system is again available.
If you have any questions, please contact the CalPlanning Help Desk at: email@example.com
6/17: CalPlanning is now available with May 2015 Actuals
Dear CalPlanning Community,
CalPlanning is now available with the following update:
- May 2015 Actuals load
FY15 Beginning Balances were recently corrected in BFS for a relatively small number of Contract & Grant funds. The BFS changed data is now reflected in CalRptg Beginning Balances, including FY15 Actuals, FY15 Forecast and FY16 Operating Budget, but these changes are not yet reflected in CalPlan. We are reviewing the changes and will communicate next steps on these funds over the next few days.
For CalPlanning questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5/28: Smart View Online Guide Now Available!
An online, searchable Smart View user guide to help you create Ad Hoc queries and report templates with Smart View.
4/8: CalPlanning now available with FY16 Planner Submission and more
CalPlanning is now available with the FY15 Forecast and FY16 Operating Budget Planner Submission versions available for reporting. The FY15 Operating Budget is no longer available for edits.
Read more in the April 2015 Release Notes.
3/12: FY16 Operating Budget now open for edit and more!
The FY16 Operating Budget is now open for edit, and the FY15 Forecast Planner Submission and FY15 Operating Budget Final snapshots are available for reporting.
4/3/15 - Note: In response to user feedback and to provide more clarity, we have added additional specifications to the CSS 2% Rule contained in the March 2015 Release Notes.
2/18: Daily CalRptg Actuals Loads Job Aid
2/6: Enhanced report makes data entry for HCP Pooled Positions easier
We are pleased to announce there is an enhanced version of the BAIRS report: Payroll Data by CalPlanning Pooled Position Type, to help you complete HCP data entry for Pooled Positions.
To view more detailed information about the enhancements to this report, please follow the link to the "BAIRS Report for HCP Pooled Positions" job aid on the CalPlanning website.
To access the report,
1. Using your CalNet ID and passphrase, login to BAIRS
2. Expand the folder structure to /HR Reports/Workforce Detail/Position Data/
3. Open "Payroll data by CalPlanning Pooled Position Type.bqy
Log Into CalPlanning
CalPlanning is currently available.
First Time Users
For instructions on how to login to CalPlanning for the first time, how to install Citrix and information on browser requirements, please visit the "Getting Started" page.
Scheduled Outages and Updates
Attention Citrix users,
Citrix, (Citrix.berkeley.edu), is being upgraded on Sunday 10/4/2015 from 9am to 12pm.
During the upgrade existing connections should not be effected but new connections will not be available for five to ten minutes during the upgrade window.
The CalPlanning Team
FYI - CALNET Access ISSUE:
A CalNet outage issue caused some users to have CalPlanning access problems. If you were impacted, you can click this link to re-Synchronize Your CalNet Passphrase and regain access.
Daily Data Push Times
- Do not run CalPlanning Reporting for the first 15 minutes every 3 hours from 9am to 10pm. For example, do not run from 9:00am - 9:15am.
Reports will not contain compensation data due to data refreshing.
- Do not run CalPlan AggEntity Business Rule for first 15 minutes every 3 hours from 9am to 10pm. For example, do not run from 9:00am - 9:15am.
If you forget, an error message will remind you.
- Do not run multiple CalPlanning reports with varying POVs, simultaneously.
It can return incorrect results. The team is working with Oracle to resolve this issue.
Getting Started in CalPlanning
CalPlanning System Availability
CalPlanning is generally...
- Available (with technical support): Weekdays 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
- Available (but without technical support): Weekdays 7am-8am and 5pm-4am, and weekends.
- Unavailable: 4am-7am daily.
Help Desk is available: Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
Please note: The CalPlanning website is updated during business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Outside that time, the most accurate system information will be communicated as necessary via email.