Scheduled Outages and Updates
Upcoming CalPlanning (CalPlan, CalRptg, HCP, HCPRptg, SmartView) Outages:
- Thursday, June 16 to load Monthly Actuals.
CalPlanning Data Updates
Data updates nightly in CalRptg as of the close of that business day, similar to BAIRS. (Ex. On Monday you can access Actual data in CalRptg through the prior Friday.)
January 2016 Actual data now included in CalPlan & HCPRptg. 2/17/17
FY2016 Actual Availability Schedule
|Actual Data||Availability Date|
|April 2016||Wednesday May 18, 2016|
|May 2016||Friday June 17, 2016|
|See the BFS website for additional information on the BFS General Ledger Monthly Close Schedule|
- Forecast and Operating Budget Snapshots and February 2016 Actuals Load to CalPlan and HCPRptg are now available in CalPlanning. Read more about it here. 3/17/16
- FY 16 Forecast Working and FY 17 Operating Budget Working are now available with refreshed Employee and Position data from HCM. 2/05/16
- Transfers Account 72210 Regents Payout has been loaded with data from Actuals to assist with accurate FY16 Forecast planning. 2/05/16
- New! Check out the new CalPlanning Compensation Data Planned Home Department vs. Distribution Entity job aid to get clarity on the difference between compensation data by PHD vs. Distribution Entity and details on where in CalPlanning tools each type is displayed. 3/11/16
March 17, 2016
March 14, 2016
March 10, 2016
February 2, 2016
December 16, 2015
December 7, 2015
October 16, 2015
October 5, 2015
September 23, 2015
August 17, 2015
Log Into CalPlanning
CalPlanning is Available.
The CalPlanning tools include CalPlan, CalRptg, HCP, HCPRptg, and SmartView.
First Time Users
For instructions on how to login to CalPlanning for the first time, how to install Citrix and information on browser requirements, please visit the "Getting Started" page.
Citrix LogIn via Internet Explorer (IE):
CalPlanning System Availability & Data Push Schedule
- Available: Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm with technical support, except University holidays
- Available: Monday - Friday, 7am-8am, 5pm-3am, and weekends but without technical support
- Unavailable: 3am-7am daily.
CalPlanning plan data is pushed from:
- HCP to both CalPlan and HCPRptg
- CalPlan to CalRptg
5 times a day, in the first 15 minutes of the hour starting at 9:00am and then every three hours until 9:00pm.
It is recommended that you do not run CalPlanning reports (CalPlan, CalRptg, HCPRptg and Smart View) for the first 15 minutes of the push hours to avoid an incomplete refresh of your data.
|Data Push Schedule*|
|9:00am - 9:15am|
|12:00pm - 12:15pm|
|3:00pm - 3:15pm|
|6:00pm - 6:15pm|
|9:00pm - 9:15pm|
*Please do not run reports during the push
Getting Started with CalPlanning
CalPlanning User Access Form
- Divisional Finance Leader Approval
- Participation in CalPlanning Training: Either previously completed training required for user access level being requested or a verbal agreement in place with Unit to provide coaching and training as needed.
CalPlanning Requirements and Support
- Internet Explorer 10.x and Internet Explorer 11 with Enterprise Mode
- Windows 7 & 8.1
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0+ or higher