CalPlanning: UC Berkeley's financial planning and analysis tool
New Planners: 1/23 and 1/28 CalPlanning Sessions Now Available
If you are a new CalPlanning user with a Planner role and you have not yet attended a Navigating CalPlan or Navigating HCP class, you still have an opportunity to attend.
There are two new Planner classes scheduled on 1/23 and 1/28. There is still space available to sign up.
CalPlanning will be unavailable Friday, 1/23 at 7pm to Monday, 2/2
CalPlanning will be unavailable from Friday, January 23 at 7pm to Monday, February 2 performing the following system updates:
- Human Capital Management (HCM) data snapshot load into Human Capital Planning (HCP)
- Various system enhancements
CalPlanning Office Hours Now Available
Please note: These office hours are for trained users only.
New Budget Basics Videos
We have developed a series of instructional videos to provide you with the necessary knowledge to prepare and submit your FY 2015-16 budget using CalPlanning. Our first set of videos introduce new users to CalPlanning budget basics.
FY2015-16 Budget Process Update
The CalPlanning Team and Campus Budget Office have some important information to share about the timing of the FY2015-16 Budget Process, which affects CalPlanning HCP data snapshot updates, training and CalPlanning enhancements.
New CalPlanning Training Videos available!
CalPlanning launched a series of new instructional videos for new and experienced CalPlanning users. They provide quick, on-demand tutorials and refreshers on how to use CalPlanning.
The videos work together with existing CalPlanning class materials, including PowerPoint lessons and exercise guides.
CalPlanning Requirements and Support
The CalPlanning Help Desk supports the following systems, only. Further information on system requirements for CalPlanning can be found on the CalPlanning Knowledge Base.
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0+ or higher
- Internet Explorer 9.x
Daily System Alerts and Updates
CalPlanning is currently unavailable.
Please go here for more information.
The CalPlanning system will not be available from 7:00pm, January 23, thru February 2.
Citrix will be unavailable 2/7/15 from 8am to 9am.
Log Into CalPlanning
First Time Users
For instructions on how to login to CalPlanning for the first time, how to install Citrix and information on browser requirements, please visit the "Getting Started" page.
AVAILABLE NOW IN CALPLANNING
The following is now available in CalPlanning:
- FY15 October Actuals
- FY15 November Actuals
Getting Started in CalPlanning
Daily Data Push Times
- Do not run CalPlanning Reporting for the first 15 minutes every 2 hours from 8am to 10pm. For example, do not run from 10:00am - 10:15am.
Reports will not contain compensation data due to data refreshing.
- Do not run CalPlan AggEntity Business Rule for first 15 minutes every 2 hours from 8am to 10pm. For example, do not run from 10:00am - 10:15am.
If you forget, an error message will remind you.
- Do not run multiple CalPlanning reports with varying POVs, simultaneously.
It can return incorrect results. The team is working with Oracle to resolve this issue.
CalPlanning is generally...
- Available (with technical support): Weekdays 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
- Available (but without technical support): Weekdays 7am-8am and 5pm-4am, and weekends.
- Unavailable: 4am-7am daily.
Help Desk is available: Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm, except University holidays.
Please note: the CalPlanning website is updated during business hours, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Outside that time, the most accurate system information will be communicated as necessary via email.